Social media is using online communities for increasing your business/practice exposure, building relationships, and ultimately creates an incredible opportunity to develop profitable relationships, to be responsive to your market and allow your clients/patients to know you care.
What does this new marketing arena mean to you, a business owner? Social media is a bridge that gives you access to people, information, and even companies that in the past you didn’t have access to. You can now do for free what it used to cost you thousands of dollars to do…make contacts.
With this new change comes new “rules of engagement” from traditional marketing.
5 Rules of Engagement for Social Media Marketing:
- #1 – Social media sites are not about making sales, they are about making contact and building relationships…for establishing credibility and trust. Word of mouth advertising
- Build a quality network- target the people you associate with in your niche market
- Give quality content – building your brand/your time
- Consistency- Be consistent with your time, your content, your marketing
- Transparency and authenticity- A strategic key: Whatever is done must be done with quality!
Remember: You are developing profitable relationships. Everything you do should have a strategic intent.