As 2014 quickly comes to a close, here is a list of Simple Social Media’s Top 10 Posts for the year 2014. Starting with #10 and counting down:
10. Are You Running On Empty One of the biggest issues I hear when talking about working your business is the feeling of being overwhelmed. The feeling of information overload…. Email in our inboxes, Read More
9. Teleseminars: A must Have Business Tool Teleseminars are an amazing way to get your message out, establish yourself as an expert in your area of expertise, build your list, and make money…all at the same time! Read More
8. Prospects Plus Visibility Equals Results One of the most critical elements in your online marketing toolbox is visibility and more visibility. You must be staying in front of your market’s view. You know what they say… “Out of sight… out of mind“. Read More
7. Want More Visibility for Your Facebook Page In the world of Internet marketing and social media one of the main elements is creating more online visibility. Read More
6. Are You Holding On To These 5 Fatal Issues Business paralysis can happen so quickly and can lead to your business failing especially if you’re a small business owner or solo-preneur. Read More
Surprise Surprise…. Facebook is changing….again! Facebook announced they are making changes to be effective January 2015.
Facebook already limited the organic posts reach (any thing posted that’s not a paid Facebook Ad) so only about 6% or even less…sometimes as little as 2% -3% of your posts were showing up in your viewers newsfeeds.
Now they are going to be limiting posts they (Facebook) thinks are “too promotional”!
So just what does this mean to us as a small business owner and how does it affect our ability to sell our products and services on our Facebook Business pages since we can’t be “too promotional”?
With Facebook’s announcement , starting January 2015 posts they find that are “too promotional” will be limited by Facebook.
Facebook’s found through their surveys that people want more story type posts and less promotional type posts.
Note this is NOT about Facebook Paid advertising or Promoted Posts. It is referring to and involves your organic posts (non- paid Facebook advertising) .
According to Facebooks announcement, there are some consistent traits that make organic posts feel too promotional:
I hear it all the time: “Social Media takes all my time”. “I spend way too much time on Social Media posting to this platform and that platform” or I even hear: “I can never find the time for Social Media”.
It’s true. With multiple social platforms for use and maintaining a presence on several of them, managing the sites and time involved can become a huge factor! Having to log into this one and post…then log into that one and post…then going over and logging into yet another one and posting…it’s so time consuming. You have to wonder, is there a better way than this?
Yes, there absolutely is a better way! It’s called HootSuite and you can find it at HootSuite.com.
HootSuite is an easy to use social media dashboard that can help you manage all your social media platforms from one place. But there is also so much more that it does as well. It can also help you keep track and monitor your brand so you’ll know if you’re getting a good return on your social media investments.
There is a free version and a Pro paid version. I’ve tried both and for what I want HootSuite to do, I’ve found the free version works just fine. But if you want all the analytics that comes with it, then the paid Pro version is the way for you. Try the free and the paid version.…